Friday, March 13, 2009

What’s In A Name?

“That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet” ~ Shakespeare

Where does the name Frog Princess Designs come from? Well it began with a stuffie. A Valentine’s stuffie of a frog holding a heart. It wears a crown. I bought this frog, one of a million novelty stuffed animals that are around for Valentine’s Day, as a gag gift for my husband about 4 years ago now.

I gave it to my husband and he gave a strange look, and asked me, "Does this mean I am a prince?"

I laughed at him and said, "A prince in disguise! My Frog Prince!"

Since that time, this has been a running joke between us, he is my Frog Prince and I am the Frog Princess. When it came time to name my venture, there were other options (Fairy Tale Designs, Fairy Princess, Jewelry by Jasmin) but one name kept popping out to me, Frog Princess Designs.

And that is where the name comes from.

No comments:

Post a Comment