Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Working LIfe

I am torn.

I would absolutely love to not ever have to work for a living. I would much rather stay home and work on my jewelry sales, my Etsy store, developing new products, and organizing for craft sales. However, it absolutely drives me nuts being at home alone all day! I really need human interaction; I need to talk to other people during the day and I especially need to get out of the house daily or I will go stark, raving mad! And none of that is to mention I need the pay cheque! Ha ha!

So what do I do? I get a job, a full time job that helps pay the bills, gets me out of the house and provides more human interaction than my husband can provide. Now, I am thoroughly exhausted, drained and I have no energy or time to create my jewelry, come up with new designs or organize myself for a craft show! It is a catch-22.

I think, I really need to get back into the swing of things (how clique!) and get used to working full time and crafting on the side. Maybe, someday, I will be able to do the one I truly love full time, but until then, I must cope, and not whine about my situation!

The working life sucks.

2 comments:

  1. How about a part-time job? Or job-sharing? You could work a few days a week, but not ALL the time, thus providing a paycheck (albeit, not as much of one) and being able to craft. :)

    Just a thought. HUGS for the stresses of life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is stressful! I just needed a moment to whine, but really, it is ok. I just need to get back into the swing of things.

    ReplyDelete