Monday, September 21, 2009

The Weekend

The weekend sure has flown by. I was very certain that I'd have time to update my blog and post some new items in my poorly, neglected shop. Not so. Sadly.

I spent my Saturday driving Miss Daisy - I mean my husband, around. Well, really, just 40 km out of town (on the other side of town, of course) out to paintball for a friend's bachelor party.

I definitely think it is time that man got his driver's license.

Of course, being that close to West Edmonton Mall, one must stop in, just to look of course. I swear. I was just looking for shoes. I wasn't planning on buying The fact that I could find anything I liked in my size didn't help. Stupid big foot feet. So I left empty handed or nearly so, i did happen into DeSerres where I found some nice pearls on sale. :D

By the time I got home, it was 6:00pm and too late to even think about being productive so I curled up in my pj's with the BBC series Planet Earth (love it!) and my jewels and doodled around and made some cute little button rings I'm planning on selling at a booth.

Sunday, well, Sunday we went and saw 9. Very well done graphics, story left me wanting more. Love the characters though! We hit Indigo afterwards and went home. I then did 4 hours of math homework, Ugh, math. Fed up, I eventually abandoned the silly stuff for more silly stuff - chick lit. I love a good (or bad), light-hearted, funny romance. They are the cure to a bad day and math.

Speaking of math, as you know I'm taking classes at NAIT. I was taking math on Monday night and computers on Saturday mornings. Well, computers got dropped mostly because, yes, I can turn a computer on and yes, I do know how to move a file. Grr, that was the single most frustrating Saturday morning ever - not the least because I could have been sleeping!

Anyways, dropped computers and picked up microeconomics on Wednesday nights so I now I have classes on Monday, Tuesday (Silversmithing, remember?), and Wednesdays. Yes, I think I've lost my mind

I am very happy though that I was able to get credit for the computer and English classes that I took at Grant MacEwan so, yay! Two less classes I have to take for my Accounting Certificate! Then I move on to the diploma then the degree. It's gonna take a while, but I'm up for it.

Cabochon setting in Silversmithing was awesome! I now have a very pretty onyx and sterling silver ring for myself that I just need to sand and polish up. Tomorrow we finish and I have one more to set - a gorgeous malachite stone. I can't wait! I'll post pictures when done!

Night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment