Friday, January 22, 2010

Relief for Haiti - Update

So, according to Etsy, I can't list that I'm donating to a charity without express, written permission from the charity I'm donating to. As much as I'd like to post to the world that I'm donating 25% or 100% of all my proceeds to charity on my Etsy store, I can't.

So, in order to help the Haiti relief with my Etsy store, I've donated some small items to www.HeartsforHaiti.etsy.com. This is an Etsy collective; hundreds of Etsy store owners (including myself) coming together to donate items and shipping costs for Doctors Without Borders.Hundreds of items have been listed (and sold and relisted) and thousands of dollars have been raised. I truly hope to see these numbers continue to rise and, in the meantime, I'll be pulling out my wallet and heading out to the Red Cross myself to donate.

No comments:

Post a Comment