Tuesday, March 16, 2010

School and other stuff

Started the new semester tonight with commercial law. As the instructor said, the title is a bit of a misnomer; really the class should be called, A Backround In Business Law In Canada, Specifically, Alberta. Probably to long-winded for them. It was very interesting. Went over what the basis for Alberta laws are, what we used for a basis for establishing them, what the different courts are and what they do in Alberta. Very neat.

Definititely kind of irritating that I bought a $130 book in order to not use it but, thankfully, a friend who already took the class is loaning me her book so I can return mine. So, yay for good friends like that!

Tomorrow night, Macroeconomics and Thursday, Toastmasters.

Yup, going to try out Toastmasters with this same friend. The thought behind this is, I suck at public speaking. Ok, well not public speaking per se (I really do like to talk once I get going and I know the people I'm conversing with), more talking to people in public. I can't small talk at all; I just have no idea what to talk to people about. So I'm doing this in the hopes that I can, maybe, improve a little (or a lot but I'm not holding my breathe). I believe it will help me with my job as well as with my craft sales.

Oh, yah, I'm going to be doing craft sales this year. I am now a member of the HandMade Mafia in Edmonton http://www.facebook.com/?sk=messages&tid=1403208682923#!/group.php?v=wall&gid=85089515560 so I'll be doing a few shows with them at least. Hopefully will do quite a few different shows this summer too!

No comments:

Post a Comment