Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Food

What's your favourite thing to do with leftovers? My absolute favourite thing to do as a kid was to make sandwiches out of them. Leftover sausages, meatloaf, or hamburgers? Make a sandwich. Delicious!

Actually, I think my favourite food is a sandwich. There's something about the right combination of a good, grainy bread and fillings that just satisfies me to the core. My favourite? Twelve grain bread, extra-old cheddar cheese, mayo (Miracle Whip, to be exact) and iceberg lettuce with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Absolutely perfect!

Excuse me. I have a sandwich calling my name.

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm...sandwiches are so yummy. Easy to eat on the go and the perfect comfort food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are perfect, aren't they!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to eat lettuce sandwiches - bread, butter and lettuce - a huge stack of lettuce. I got some weird looks but it was good. I don't remember why I stopped. Guess I'll try one again today for lunch. Thanks for bringing me back to my childhood!

    ReplyDelete