Sunday, October 10, 2010

Pinkwashing

My cousing shared a newslink on facebook and I wanted to share it with everyone here. It really makes you think about the charity purchases you make.

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/TopStories/20101008/pinkwashing-pink-ribbon-101009/

My auntie (my cousin's mother) died of breast cancer and my grandmother successfully beat it back so this issue is close to my heart. I really want to support these products, I really wish the companies donated more though. Companies should NOT benefit off of survivors pain and suffering. That's why, in the past few years, if I want to donate, I'll donate directly to http://www.cbcf.org/en-US/home.aspx.

Think Before You Pink.

1 comment:

  1. It's sad but true. If it came from a factory, there's a pretty good chance that whatever the label or ads say is too good to be true.

    It's horrible that companies will try to exploit victims and people with good intentions. It's worse that we let them. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete