Monday, December 6, 2010

What happened to November?

I fell under a rock and stayed there for a while. Like, all of November.

Well, that's not really true. Since being laid off, November has actually been my busiest month. I did 5 show (one every weekend from the first week of November to just last Saturday) including a 4 day show (my first big show, yay!). I also took a 5 day trip out to Kelowna to visit my parents and hang out with my brothers. There was a lot of tv watching, wine drinking and Mario playing involved with that trip. It was really nice to see them, especially seeing as I hadn't seen them since last Christmas and we won't be going down this year.

I've been so busy making and selling and running around that November slipped away from me before I could post about it. My apologies. It really was an eventful, fulfilling month and I'm sorry we didn't get to share it.

Now we are into December. Only December 6th, and so much has happened already. I had a show on the 4th which, while always fun to do, was very slow sales-wise. Which is sad and really makes me re-evaluate doing these monthly shows with the Mafia. Why do they consistently charge so much for the shows, but advertise so little? It's not only my responsibility to gather in customers; they need to advertise too!

The biggest news of December comes from today however. Today I had my first surgery. I got a tubal ligation done. No, I don't have kids, nor do I really want them. I had this done because of this. I am very, very tired of remembering to take a pill daily, ingesting hormones and chemicals that messes up your (or at least, my) body. I'm tired of taking the risks of birth control - it isn't 100% effective after all! I did this because, at the end of the day, it's my body and my choice. I chose to not have kids and I chose the best method for me to avoid this. I do not want children (not to say that I don't like them, because I do... in small doses) and I am happy to say now that, because of my very first surgery, I won't.

I have more to say about the surgery (how it went, what it was like, etc.) and why I don't want children, but for now, I'm going to lie down. I'm not hurting, just sore and a bit crampy. My heating pad is calling me and I'm going to spoil myself for a couple of days.

1 comment:

  1. This is nice..i read your posting this is useful & wonderful topic i like it but i know one another site i.e shantinathsales.This site has information about heat pad so visit it.

    ReplyDelete