Sunday, February 20, 2011

The News About Amber

Ok, so I started making amber teething necklaces last summer and they have been a big hit at Frog Princess Designs. I'm pretty happy about that.

For those wondering though, why amber is good for teething babies, here is a small rundown on amber properties.

Amber isn't a stone, first of all, so it's not a gemstone. It is a fossil - the fossilized remains of coniferous tree resin (sap) - formed millions of years ago. Amber is a natural analgesic which basically means that it is a natural pain reliever. As the amber is worn on the skin, it warms up and gradually releases succinic acid, the pain reliever. It works on a lot of different ailments from teething pains and drooling relief to arthritis and migraine relief.

I was a skeptic about this so I made myself a bracelet to test it out. (I suffer from carpal tunnel in my right wrist.) I was amazed at how well the amber helped to relieve my pain! I wore the bracelet all day and by the end of the day, the pain had passed and my wrist was back to normal. Skeptic no more!

Just like all types of pain relievers, while it may work for some people, it may not work for everyone. While some babies may feel complete relief from pain while wearing the necklaces, for others it might offer no more help than the reduction of drooling. Babies should be supervised while wearing these necklaces. The necklaces should be removed at nap time and bedtimes.

2 comments:

  1. Glad they are selling well in your store! I personally love my amber ring that I purchased at least 8 years ago at a local store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I have a couple of pieces now and I just love them!

    ReplyDelete