Thursday, July 21, 2011

... One Month Later?

Whoops! Didn't mean to go on a blogging hiatus, just got caught up in life and dealing with the aftermath of the accident.

So, the insurance company wrote off my car. I wasn't thrilled about it (stressed to the max, actually) mostly because I still owe over $4000 on it. Luckily, they estimated the value of the car to be almost that much and, with a bit of pinching, I can make up the remaining amount. Now we're just waiting on the cheque to arrive. (And waiting, and waiting!)

I bought a new car. Like, brand new. Like, only had 17 kms on it when I picked it up from the dealership. I'm pretty amazed by it still (3 weeks later) mostly because I never thought in a million years that I'd qualify for a car loan by myself. I mean, my credit is good, I just never realized how good. Also, I'm amazed by the car itself. My family was pretty poor growing up. We never got new vehicles. Hell, the first new vehicle I ever sat in was bought by a friend 3 years ago. So to own a new vehicle is a big deal to me. And it's mine. I bought a 2011 Rav4 4WD. In Edmonton, that 4WD is going to come in darn handy I think!

What else is new? Well, I went to the doctor with back pain and came out with 6 prescriptions, referral for massage therapy and physiotherapy, orders for blood work and 3 types of x-rays. Only me.

Can I just say how amazed I am by the healing properties of amber (the gemstone)? It's just amazing. Made myself a necklace to deal with the headaches I've been having and it works! I shouldn't be surprised because the bracelet works wonders, so why wouldn't the necklace, but I am. And happy. Headache pain is greatly reduced.

Although, it didn't work to well when I clocked myself in the head with the car door this morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment