Monday, August 22, 2011

RIP Jack Layton

What a sad day for Canadians. We lost a truly inspiring, heartfelt man today. I remember watching my first election with my parents. It was November 2000, I believe. Everyone was enamoured with the newcomer to politics, Stockwell Day but my eyes were drawn again and again to the charismatic, well spoken, and charming Jack Layton. Although the NDP did not have a chance for that election, my political heart was captured by their passionate leader. I may not agree with all the NDP views or stands, but I've always believed in the man leading it. Thank you, Jack Layton, for everything you've done for Canadians; for inspiring us; and for motivating us to change. You are the reason I voted, every time. I voted for change.

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."

- Jack Layton

No comments:

Post a Comment